Drones Minimize the Obvious Dangers and Health Risks-
- Drones enable easy and safe inspections of tall and complex structures, especially the inspections of facilities such as towers, oil and gas refineries, flare stacks, and pipelines. It eliminates the need for workers to physically access hostile environments where factors such as the height, weather, and maneuverability can lead to accidents. This allows for the collection of comprehensive data without exposing the inspection team to risks.
Collection of In-Depth and Higher Detail Data-
- UAV drones equipped with obstacle avoidance functionality have the ability to navigate very close to structures allowing the drone to capture minuscule details. These high-resolution images or 4K video can clearly show cracks, damage, and other defects at elevations and angles that the human eye cannot.
Quick and Rapid Deployment-
- Since it only takes minutes to launch a drone-based inspection, UAV’s are suitable for both day-to-day and on-demand emergency scenarios. In addition, drones are capable of completing inspection segments in up to 5-to-20 minutes. As such an insurance company, construction engineer, lending company or prospective home buyer can easily request an inspection and get results in less than a few hours.
Flexibility to Suit a Majority of Inspections-
- Drones have the ability to provide a wide selection of data to suit a variety of inspection needs. We can take photos, capture video, take thermal images, transmit data, and other functions that enable the collection and sharing of critical information that would take days using conventional means.
Little to Zero Downtime for Equipment and Systems-
- Most manual inspections require shutting down equipment or systems (during a maintenance window) to avoid damage or injuries to the inspection personnel. However, drones can safely inspect complex systems such as the wind turbines, radars, communication towers, and others while they are still running. This means that inspection does not interfere with the services or production.